Monday, December 5, 2016

It's Sinterklaas eve!

Today is Sinterklaas' birthday in the Netherlands! Our human likes to eat chocolate letters (or maybe characters is a better word). This is a milk chocolate hazelnut one, an M as the first letter of our slave Mieke's name. Kids will get presents from Sinterklaas this evening.

We were asked to pose with the chocolate characters and playmobil Sinterklaas and Piet as well, but we were more interested in the veg we had just gotten from dad... though Bér is taking a peep

Raani sniffed and nibbled the boxes and Piet...

And then she knocked the boxes over, and sat on them 
trying to eat the box and nibble on Piet

Ah well, slave tried to get pigtures of us....

Oh, and she was at it again decorating our cage with Christmas lights....
What do you think?

Happy sinterklaas, if you celebrate it!
the guinygirlz Tijger and Raani
And boar Bérke

4 comments:

  1. Penny, slave to the Piggyfriends.05 December, 2016 23:20

    Wonderful pigtures Mieke! I have only got as far as putting tinsel around my piggies' pens.

    I am sure that my Piggyfriends would rather have eaten the box than take part in a photoshoot. That big chocolate M looks delicious. People with a large initial like a W get more chocolate than someone whose name begins with an I ( speaking as a true chocoholic ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that should not be true. On the box it says (in rhyme in Dutch): If your names starts with an I, do not worry, Because they (the girls from Verkade (the brand of the chocolate)) make all letters the same size (and weight).
      Usually a kid (or adult ;) with a name starting with an I, the I will be extra thick and broad. My M was not so thick, but as it is a big letter that is no problem for me!

      Delete
    2. Good idea by the way, I forgot to put the tinsel up as well... But so far my christmas tree only had lights and no other decorations. I try to keep with the tradition to not put up the tree until Sinterklaas has left the country (which is today 6th of december), so I will decorate the tree tonight or tomorrow...

      Delete
    3. Penny, slave to the Piggyfriends.06 December, 2016 23:49

      Pleased to read that everyone gets the same amount of chocolate! That is almost as important as piggies getting their veggies.

      Delete